A subsidiary of Kotak Mahindra Bank, Kotak Securities Limited is the stock broking and distribution arm of the Kotak Mahindra Group and was established in 1994. They offer services like stock broking and even provide financial products in India. Apart from that, they have a business interest in life insurance, commercial banking, mutual funds, and investment banking. With 1209 branches, franchisees & satellite offices, they cover a wide customer base with more than 13 lakhs customer that includes individual, institutional investors, and NRI.
Kotak Securities is one of the top five share brokers in India and has corporate members with National Stock Exchange and the Bombay Stock Exchange. Apart from that, Kotak is also a depository participant with Central Depository Services Limited (CDSL) and National Securities Depository Limited (NSDL).
Kotak securities have the facility of a three-in-one account through which investors can open Demat, trading, and a bank a/c with Kotak Mahindra securities bank limited. As an investor, you can open the account at different times or at the same time through a single application form. With a 3 in 1 account, you will not have to manually transfer funds to a trading account from the bank account as it gets credited automatically. You can trade in Mutual Fund, Gold ETF, ETF, Equity, IPO, Tax-free bonds, Currency Derivatives, etc.
To do Kotak securities login, you will need to open an account with Kotak Securities:
- On the Kotak Securities website, fill the Contact Us form.
- Enter your name, email address, phone number, city and submit the information. After submitting the form, one of the representatives from Kotak securities will get in touch with you.
- You can also download the following forms from their website- Kotak Securities Account Opening Form, Name Change Request Form, Kotak Securities Account Closing Form, etc. and fill the required information and then submit it to the registered office.
Kotak Securities Trading Software
Kotak Securities proposes various trading platforms to suit investor’s requirements that are given as follows:
- Website Based Trading- this can be done through any web browser and is considered a convenient and famous way to invest with Kotak Securities. For users with slow speed internet, investors can use the lightweight trading website ‘Xtralite’ offered by Kotak.
- Trading Terminals (KEATProX and FASTLANE)- these two trading terminal-based applications are quite popular among stock traders. KEATProX provides the fastest trading experience as it is an exe based desktop application that needs to be installed. However, FASTLANE gives you a trading terminal kind of experience without any installation and is a Java applet based application. It offers features similar to KEATProX including the benefits of website based trading; you can access it using a web browser.
- Mobile Stock Trading- this high-speed mobile-based application is really useful in trading in the stock market as provided by Kotak. With the help of this app, a customer can handle Trades, inspect Portfolio, and check Streaming Quotes and Intraday Charts.
- Branch Advisory and Call & Trade- This trading is done through branches as Kotak has 1400+ branches through which it offers the trading facility and also through call centers using call & trade facility.
Kotak Securities Pros and Cons
Before opening an account with Kotak Securities, you must consider its advantages and disadvantages to get a better idea that if it is worth going for or not.
- Not only it provides online trading, but customers can also utilize more than 1400 branches to get help regarding investment and issues.
- Kotak has a wide range of investment options such as FD’s, ETF’s, equity, Bonds, IPOs, Mutual Funds, and Currency Derivatives.
- For the support of the customer, an online chat facility i.e. Kotak securities customer care is also accessible.
- You can expect easy integration of trading account with HDFC Bank, UTI Bank, Citibank, and Kotak Mahindra Bank.
- Apart from that, Kotak also provides daily SMS alerts, market pointers, stock recommendations, periodical research reports, etc. to facilitate the customers.
- Margin Funding Facility is also available.
- 3 in 1 account that combines Savings Account, Demat Account, and Trading Account.
- Aggressive NRI brokerage plan.
- Kotak Security has a free Intraday Trading Plan
- After Market Orders and Portfolio Management Service (PMS) is also provided.
- It is a Full Services Broker and the brokerage charged is higher than Discount Brokers.
- They don’t support commodity trading.
- There can be some hidden charges.
Kotak Securities Brokerage Plan
Here is the brokerage plans offered by them that you can access with Kotak securities online trading account login:
Fixed Brokerage Plan
The brokerage is fixed in this plan no matter what the volume of trade is. For first 20 calls, Call & Trade facility is free and from the 21st call, Rs 20 per call is imposed. Hence this option is not suitable for Options Trading as the brokerage is quite high.
Dynamic Brokerage Plan
It depends upon the volume of trade per month and the more is the volume, the lower will be the brokerage. However, you can expect a good bargain on the bargain rates as it can be as low as 18% for equity trading.
Advanced Brokerage Plan
In this plan, the client requires to pay a subscription fee before the time period starts. Also, the fee is refundable but to the limit of the brokerage created by the customer during the plan’s validity period i.e. 12 months. If your trading volume is high, the brokerage charge can be a minimum of 0.12% for equity and .015% for intraday and future. However, you don’t have to pay any opening fee with this plan.
Kotak Security Free Intraday Trading Plan
Kotak Securities Free Intraday Trading is the best plan for active traders who are interested in Intraday Trading and can get an unlimited Intraday trading plan @999 Rs PA. This plan is accessible to only online clients that mean, those who place their orders through the web platform, desktop app, or mobile app, hence you cannot avail of this option via an agent or call and trade facility.
This was all the important information about Kotak Securities that you need to know if you are planning to buy their securities anytime soon.