Contact lenses revolutionised vision correction. Acuvue contacts were the world’s first soft disposable contact lenses. In addition, it allows you to have an active lifestyle without wearing glasses, with daily, bi-weekly, and monthly contact lenses.
Acuvue is a famous contact lens with many high-performing contact lens products and various technologies. In this article, you’ll discover more.
A brief history of contact lenses
Since Leonardo Da Vinci initially pitched the idea, contact lenses have gone a long way. He wore a water-filled glass globe over his eye (which was never mass-produced).
Only a few centuries later did contact lenses become a viable option. The first successful lenses were created in 1888, and in 1939 the first plastic lenses were made. In 1949, the next significant advance occurred when lenses were decreased in size to cover the cornea (before, they had covered the entire eye).
Before you put your contacts in, here are some pointers:
- Before applying makeup, wash your hands and put on your contacts.
- To avoid flaking or smudging, consider using water-resistant mascara and eyeliner.
- The best makeup remover is hypoallergenic and oil-free when using contacts.
- Leave your contacts at home when you go to the salon. Contact lenses can be damaged by hairspray, getting your hair coloured, or getting perms.
- If your eyes are red, swollen or infected, don’t apply makeup (or put your contacts in).
Many benefits of Acuvue Contact Lenses include:
- The antioxidants in Acuvue contacts help to keep your eyes comfortable.
- UV blocking is built into these lenses to keep your eyes safe.
- Moisture-infused lenses keep your eyes feeling fresh and light throughout the day.
- These contact lenses have “invisible edges for maximum comfort.”
- Four stabilising zones in Acuvue toric contact lenses help keep your contacts in place.
The significance of eye health and regular check-ups
People who wear contacts must take extra precautions when utilising them instead of glasses. To avoid eye infections, they should keep their communications, cases, and solutions clean.
People who wear contact lenses should take the following steps:
- Contact lenses should be cleaned regularly and with care
- Wash your hand thoroughly before handling the eyes or contacts
- Rinsing and storing contacts in a fresh, clean solution
- Using tap water to clean contacts is not recommended
- Frequent eye examinations with an optometrist
- Every three months, contact cases should be replaced
Wearing contacts has several possible advantages, including:
- Better eyesight
- Unlike other glasses, they do not fog up.
- Provide a wide range of vision
- It permits people to wear sunglasses that aren’t prescription.
How long will the lenses take to feel normal?
It differs from person to person. If you feel like it’s been too long, go to your eye doctor to figure out why you’re cramped and what you can do about it.
When using contacts, a person must observe all safety recommendations. They should also stop using them if they get an eye infection or if a doctor advises them to take a vacation from them.
Optometrists take care of primary health care for the eye. People can order contacts straight from their doctor or through an online retailer. Unfortunately, everyone’s eyes are different, so what works for one person might not work for another. As a reason, seeing your optometrist is quite essential.
Alison Lurie is a farmer of words in the field of creativity. She is an experienced independent content writer with a demonstrated history of working in the writing and editing industry. She is a multi-niche content chef who loves cooking new things.